Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

OneAPI 2021.1.1 Failed to open the project and create a new one in VTune GUI on Windows

PavelPogotovskiy123

When I try to open existing projects or create a new one, I get an error. An example of an error: "Failed to open the project C:\Users\ppogotov\Documents\Amplifier XE\Projects\sample (matrix)".

Also, it is impossible to close the VTune GUI because it hangs with the message "Cancelling Please wait for the operation to get cancelled".

OS Name: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
Version: 10.0.14393 Build 14393

How can I fix this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kirill_U_Intel
Employee

could you try the same trick?

community.intel.com/t5/Analyzers/Configure-Analysis-window-not-loading/m-p/1260559#M20100

What version of VTune do you have? is it possible to upgrade it to Vtune Profiler 2021.1(the gold version)?

Thanks, Kirill

0 Kudos
PavelPogotovskiy123

Thank you for the answer.

I did not find the "Intel VTune Profiler" folder in the place where Vtune was installed (in my system it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\vtune\2021.1.1").
Removing the "intel" folder didn't help.

I use Intel oneAPI VTune Profiler 2021.1.1 Gold.

Thanks, Pavel

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

1)Intel VTune Profiler's latest version is 2021.1.2.Try installing this version from this link(https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-standalone-components.html#vtune).Also check if vtune profiler is there in control panel -> Uninstall Programs' list.If so uninstall the program and try installing vtune profiler from the above link.

2)If the above steps didn't help then share your log file.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Is your issue resolved?Did you reinstall vtune profiler 2021.1.2?

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you and would no longer be monitoring this issue. Please raise a new thread if you have further issues.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos