Analyzers
Support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
4578 Discussions

PMU resource(s) currently being used by another profiling tool or process

Fabrizio_A_
Beginner

The following command

mpirun -n 4 /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe/bin64/amplxe-cl -collect-with runsa -knob event-config=FP_COMP_OPS_EXE.X87 -result-dir /home/fabrizio/Desktop/testt/ -- /home/fabrizio/Desktop/test

returns error in subject.

I tried a solution explained in an another post (./insmod -sep3 -r), but it seems not to be my case, because with ONE process I don't have error about PMU resource(s), but an error about "Failed to create a tb6 file".

How could I solve?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

In general speaking, you can use "ps -ae | grep amplxe-cl" to find remained processes to kill them, then start a new session.

Also was it possible that some "defunct" process(es) remained? If so, you can use "ps -axl | grep defunct" then kill their parent processes.

You may do "rmmod_sep3" to uninstall drivers, then use "insmod_sep3" to install them again.

If above has no help, you might reboot the system:-(

Running mpirun with event-based collections, it is better to run such as:

amplxe-cl -collect-with runsa -knob event-config=FP_COMP_OPS_EXE.X87 -r result_dir -- mpirun -n 4 ./prog,

which will generate aggregated performance data (from multiple processes) in one result file. Does it solve your problem?