Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Performance counter on different cores?

Aries1
Beginner
Hi,

My computer has a Dual Core CPU(E2140). Each core has a set of performance counter, right?
In VTune, is it possible to observe the counter of each core?
For example, I want to look at the cache miss caused by two core repectively. Right now what I can see in VTune (e.g. L2 miss),
is a single number, is it the total L2 miss of the two cores?
Thanks very much for your time!

Aries
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nicolae_P_Intel
Employee
Yes, the events will be collected per core and yes you see the total of the number of events collected on both cores. one of the feature of vTune is to show you the events collected per CPU (core in your case). In the processes view headerthere is a button called CPU (right after the hotspots buttons). Once you click that vTune will show youits per CPU/core view which is what you want.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nicolae_P_Intel
Employee
Yes, the events will be collected per core and yes you see the total of the number of events collected on both cores. one of the feature of vTune is to show you the events collected per CPU (core in your case). In the processes view headerthere is a button called CPU (right after the hotspots buttons). Once you click that vTune will show youits per CPU/core view which is what you want.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_T_Intel

Just a supplement to the previous post. Without per CPU mode being switched on you see the total numbers for all cores.

0 Kudos