Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4973 Discussions

Problem with dlls in target hotspot analysis

arne1234
Beginner
Hello,
I want to make a hotspot analysis under WinCE4.2 and XScale using vtremotesvr. The connection establishes properly, the executable is started, and performance data is collected.

I have an executable which loads a dll "A". The dll A itself loads several other dlls. After data collection, when opening the tb5 file in vtune, only dll A (besides some system stuff) is in the hotspot analysis. For the dll A I can view source code - perfect.

PROBLEM:
-----------
I cannot see the other dlls (30-40) in the hotspot analysis. Whats wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Hi

I found useful info from VTune Performance Analyzer's release notes, it may help you.

Regards, Peter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marvell PXA* family of processors Information

As of November 8, 2006, the Intel Cellular and Handheld Group was acquired by Marvell.Support for the Marvell PXA family of processors based on Intel XScale technology is now provided by Marvell. The VTune Analyzer can still be used to analyze the performance of Marvell PXA processors, but two things have changed.

First, the Marvell PXA collector and documentation package must be downloaded separately. Eventually the collectors will be moving to a Marvell hosted web-site, but for now they are available in theIntel Registration Centerdownload area with the VTune analyzer 9.0 for Windows* product under theRemote Agentlink for the 9.0 release. (These collectors are only required if you are using the VTune analyzer to tune Marvell PXA processors. Users tuning only non-PXA processors should not download the PXA collectors.)

Second, support for the analysis of PXA processors is now being provided by Marvell. To receive a support account, send email to:account_req@support.marvell.com. Once log-in details have been received, log onto the Marvell support website at:https://support.marvell.com.

0 Kudos
arne1234
Beginner
Hello,

thanks for reply. I use VTune8.x. The Processor is rather old (2003), so its an Intel XScale. Does this additional information help anybody?

0 Kudos
vikas_ma
Beginner
Quoting - arne1234
Hello,

thanks for reply. I use VTune8.x. The Processor is rather old (2003), so its an Intel XScale. Does this additional information help anybody?

This might be because the other dll's might not have the debug information
0 Kudos