Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4973 Discussions

Problems using the call graph

twon
Beginner
Hi there,
I am experiencing some problems using the Call Graph Profiler. I have been able to use it before successfully but when I use it with the program I am working on at the moment everything runs fine till the program shuts down at which point it says that it is "Updatingcall graph database...", the progress bar reaches about halfway and then stop while examining "C:WINDOWSsystem32msvcp71.dll and never progresses beyond this point. If I stop the activity I get the message:
"The Activity failed to stop call graph collector, because there are no valid exe controllers associated with the collector."
I searched the help for anyinformation and could n't see anything. Anybody have any ideas on what it happening and how to get the call graph working effectively.
Cheers
0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Are you attempting to callgraph on an x64 edition of Microsoft Windows*? Is it a 32- or 64-bit application?

0 Kudos
twon
Beginner
Hi,
thanks for your response. To answer your questions I'm not using thex64 edition of Windows XP, just the standard Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. The application that I am attempting to use the call graph profiler on is a 32-bit application.

Message Edited by Twon on 11-29-2005 02:10 AM

0 Kudos
twon
Beginner
Hi,
thanks for your response. To answer you questions I'm not using thex64 edition of Windows XP, just the standard Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. The application that I am attempting to use the call graph profiler on is a 32-bit application.
0 Kudos