Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xueqi_L_
Beginner

Problems with Top-down Microarchitecture Analysis Method

I'm trying to analyse an execution on an Intel IvyBridge CPU (Xeon E5-2620 V2) with the Top-down Microarchitecture Analysis Method, described in Chapters B of the Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Optimization Reference Manual.

Therefore I perform performance counter events measurements with Perf (perf stat -e rNNN), There are some results I don’t understand:

1. CPU_UNHALTED.TREAD_P(0x003C) < CYCLE_ACTIVITY.STALLS_LDM_PENDING(Event A3H, Umask 06H)

I can not understand which it means?

1. CYCLE_ACTIVITY.CYCLES_L2_PENDING > CYCLE_ACTIVITY.CYCLES_L1D_PENDING and CYCLE_ACTIVITY.STALLS_L2_PENDING > CYCLE_ACTIVITY.STALLS_L1D_PENDING
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Did you run amplxe-cl without vtune drivers, I meant that you collected data with Perf via amplxe-cl?

Regarding that you have Perf performance data, you may visit Perf forum for questions. If you collected VTune performance data, please attach your vtune's result directory for investigating. Thank you.

Xueqi_L_
Beginner

Thank you for your reply. Vtune(Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2016 Update 1 (build 434111)) works well with small dataset and report the right result, however, I need to profiling a long duration program, I set the command like this: amplxe-cl -collect general-exploration -r r000 -target-duration-type=long -data-limit=2000, but when the collection stops, I use amplxe-cl -report summary -r r000, the error is that amplxe: Executing actions 14 % Loading 'systemcollector-43347-sm197.sc' file(core dump). For this reason, I swithch to perf. 

Could you help me to solve the problem ' amplxe-cl -report summary -r r000, the error is that amplxe: Executing actions 14 % Loading 'systemcollector-43347-sm197.sc' file(core dump) ' 

Thank you very much :-)

Xueqi_L_
Beginner

Thank you for your reply. Vtune(Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2016 Update 1 (build 434111)) works well with small dataset and report the right result, however, I need to profiling a long duration program, I set the command like this: amplxe-cl -collect general-exploration -r r000 -target-duration-type=long -data-limit=2000, but when the collection stops, I use amplxe-cl -report summary -r r000, the error is that amplxe: Executing actions 14 % Loading 'systemcollector-43347-sm197.sc' file(core dump). For this reason, I swithch to perf. 

Could you help me to solve the problem ' amplxe-cl -report summary -r r000, the error is that amplxe: Executing actions 14 % Loading 'systemcollector-43347-sm197.sc' file(core dump) ' 

Thank you very much :-)

Peter Wang wrote:

Did you run amplxe-cl without vtune drivers, I meant that you collected data with Perf via amplxe-cl?

Regarding that you have Perf performance data, you may visit Perf forum for questions. If you collected VTune performance data, please attach your vtune's result directory for investigating. Thank you.

Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Thank you for update. We will work on other thread you created for long run application.