Analyzers
Support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)
Announcements
Intel Customer Support will be observing the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 17, and will return on Tues. Jan. 18.
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646

Roofline performance analysis for xeon-phi

Saumya_B_
Beginner

How can I perform the new roofline performance analysis on a remote xeon-phi MIC card through GUI or commandline?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

Hi Saumya,

Here is our getting started guide:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/getting-started-with-intel-advisor-roofline-feature

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Kevin

Saumya_B_
Beginner

Hello Kevin, thank you for this documentation. But I had gone through it. I was able to find the roofline performance model for my program on

host system using this document.

But, how to find the same for a program running on a remote Xeon-phi MIC? Is there some option through which we could specify the target

system?

David_M_17
Novice

Soumya B.

I have the same desire - I want to run Advisor XE roofline on Intel Xeon Phi.    I am running on Intel Xeon Phi (KNL) intel mpi with 128 mpi ranks.  The systems I use only have batch submitting interface so I need to use command line interface.  Through previous experience I learned Advisor XE only works for MPI rank 0.   I found this intel article answers our questions ( I found your question first - but I kept looking until I found this other document and thought I would post the link for anyone coming across your question first like I did).

https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-with-advisor-command-line-and-mpi

So I will have to submit two batch jobs - first collect advisor xe survey for rank 0, then collect advisor xe trip-counts/flops for rank 0.  Then we should be able to get our data for roofline analysis. I will be submitting jobs today to try this.