Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Run hotspots,Collection Log always display something warnings like file not found

liu_wei67
Beginner

Hi :

I found a lot of information from the intel official website, but it was useless to find out how to solve this missing file, so I would like to ask how to solve this problem? i use vtune version 2021.4.0。

- source /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2021.4.0/env/vars.sh

- vtune-backend --web-port=9000 --allow-remote-ui --enable-server-profiling

Then I visited this url in the browser and started to analyze the examples that comes with vtune.

- /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2021.4.0/samples/en/C++/matrix

so how to solve this problem。   

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. We have observed this issue from our side as well. This is a warning and it occurs when the vtune can’t find the pthread shared dll libraries. Pthread libraries are compiled without debug symbols. All the data would be collected even if the vtune throws this warning. You are free to ignore these warnings. For more information please refer this link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/troubleshooting/error-cannot-locate-debug-info.html

Regards

Gopika

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. We have observed this issue from our side as well. This is a warning and it occurs when the vtune can’t find the pthread shared dll libraries. Pthread libraries are compiled without debug symbols. All the data would be collected even if the vtune throws this warning. You are free to ignore these warnings. For more information please refer this link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/troubleshooting/error-cannot-locate-debug-info.html

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for accepting the response as a solution. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos