Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Run-time instrumenting

dan_p
Beginner

Hello,

I'm running VTune 9.0 on windows using the Linux remote agent. I have several problems:
1. After Vtune finish running my program, it retrieves the data and then crashes. Do you have a workaround or a fix
for it?
2. When running my program, I'm loading .so libraries (loaded after the application started). VTune is unable to
instrument these libraries and returns an error that he can't find modules or modules are corrupted (all .so libraries
that instrumented before the run are loaded successfully). Also, it shows me in the configure call graph window that
the .so library is an executable instead of dll file (See attachment).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting - dan_p

Hello,

I'm running VTune 9.0 on windows using the Linux remote agent. I have several problems:
1. After Vtune finish running my program, it retrieves the data and then crashes. Do you have a workaround or a fix
for it?
2. When running my program, I'm loading .so libraries (loaded after the application started). VTune is unable to
instrument these libraries and returns an error that he can't find modules or modules are corrupted (all .so libraries
that instrumented before the run are loaded successfully). Also, it shows me in the configure call graph window that
the .so library is an executable instead of dll file (See attachment).

Hello,

1. There are several reasons why Call Graph might crash. The best known workaround would be to lower level of instrumentation for all modules to the minimal. In case of not crashing increase level consequently to mail down the problematic module. If it doesn't help, try collecting Call Graph data in command line mode on the target machine (minimize the levels of instrumentation as well). The results can be packed and moved to the host Windows machine for analyzing.

2. From the Release Notes document: Call graph supports dynamically loaded images loaded with dlopen (from libdl). There is no support to images loaded directly with the mmap system call. Is that the case?

For both issues please, take a look at the "Known Limitations: Call Graph: Linux* Remote Call Graph" chapter of the Release Notes.

0 Kudos