Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

SSA not generating results file

Raj_J_
Beginner

I am trying to run the SSA (2013) on a project of ours  in VS 2010. When I build for static analysis the build completes but I do not get a results file. I do have some link warnings (see below):

1>message.obj : warning LNK4221: This object file does not define any previously undefined public symbols, so it will not be used by any link operation that consumes this library
1>library.obj : warning LNK4221: This object file does not define any previously undefined public symbols, so it will not be used by any link operation that consumes this library

Are these warnings preventing the static analysis from running? Is there something I can do about this?

Thanks

Raj

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Raj_J_
Beginner

My linker warnings were a red herring (one of many I ran into).

Turns out that in order for SSA to properly run and generate results you need to have the Interprocedural Optimization (/q[no]ipo) option set to Yes.

Raj

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

"/Qipo" option should be used if you run SSA on multiple source files, SSA will check with cross files then generate result.   

0 Kudos