Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Sampling Driver build fails

VTuneProfiler
Employee

Hello,

I am using Vtune profiler 2021.7.1 version on Ubuntu machine 18/04 version

kernal version is 5.4.0-90-generic.

I want to perform energy analysis using socwatch collector for the system feature type(-f sys).

tried to build and install driver using following command line.

$ cd /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2021.7.0/sepdk/src/

$ ./build-driver -ni

$ ./insmod-sep -r

VTuneProfiler_0-1637583589364.png

was able to build the drivers but during installation, I receive the below error. May I know how to resolve this

VTuneProfiler_1-1637583692996.png

Tried to set kernel environment, I receive an error during 'make mrproper'

/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-90-generic# make mrproper
fs/aufs/Makefile:3: fs/aufs/magic.mk: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'fs/aufs/magic.mk'. Stop.
scripts/Makefile.clean:67: recipe for target 'fs/aufs' failed
make[1]: *** [fs/aufs] Error 2
Makefile:1769: recipe for target '_clean_fs' failed
make: *** [_clean_fs] Error 2

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rahila_T_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

VTune 2021.9.0 is available now. Could you please uninstall the older version and try with the latest one?

You can download VTune 2021.9.0 as a standalone tool at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/oneapi-standalone-components.html#vtune or as part of oneAPI Base Toolkit 2021.4 at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit-download.html

If the issue still persist please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
VTuneProfiler
Employee

While building the driver(./build-driver -ni) after installing the latest version I receive an error. But I'm able to run  SocWatch collecter after installation.

**************Built drivers are copied to /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2021.9.0/sepdk/src/socwatch/drivers directory ************
Done
mv: target 'socwatch2_15-x32_64-5-x32_64-5.4.0-90-genericsmp.ko' is not a directory
Makefile:208: recipe for target 'default' failed
make: *** [default] Error 1

Failed to build the drivers

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel

Hi,

We could reproduce your issue. We are working on this internally, we will get back to you soon with an update.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel

Hi,

We are closing this thread as we connected internally and resolved the issue. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks

0 Kudos
UsingVtune
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same exact issue. It would be great if you could share the root cause. 

Thanks

0 Kudos