Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5000 Discussions

Source line of Fortran Code

Alireza_Forghani
Beginner

I have written a code to be used as a user-subroutine for a commercial finite element software. The Fortran code gets compiled to a dll file and is linked by the commercial software during run time. 

Now I'm using VTune to look into the performance of my code but the reports by VTune do not include the subroutine/function names (shows up as func@0x180da8e70, etc.)

When compiling my Fortran code, I'm using /debug:all /traceback options and when running VTune, I point to the source code folder. 

Would appreciate it if you guys could guide me on how to get the function/subroutine names show up in VTune report. 

Thanks,

Alireza

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If you have /debug set both for the ifort compile and for construction of .dll, you should also get a .pdb file which (along with .dll) will need to be added to VTune analyzer binary search path, if it's not found automatically.

0 Kudos
Alireza_Forghani
Beginner

Thanks Tim. I can see the source now. I didn't have the pdb option in my linker options. 

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Which IDE are you using?

0 Kudos