Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Symbolic link for shared object file

dan_p
Beginner
Hi,
I'm running Vtune 9.0 on windows using the Linux remote agent. I'm trying to tune my program, that uses some shared objects (Dlls). I'm configuring the .so file in the "Module of intrest", but one .so file is a symbolic link to another .so file - when doing that the VTune can't find the "real" .so file - the one that the symbolic link pointing at.

What am I doing wrong?? :)

Thanks,
Dan
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting - dan_p
Hi,
I'm running Vtune 9.0 on windows using the Linux remote agent. I'm trying to tune my program, that uses some shared objects (Dlls). I'm configuring the .so file in the "Module of intrest", but one .so file is a symbolic link to another .so file - when doing that the VTune can't find the "real" .so file - the one that the symbolic link pointing at.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

There is a limitation on using symlinks for MOI in the Callgraph. Callgraph instrumentation engine can't find the absolute path properly for coping the .so file to the cache in this case. Unfortunately, it's not described in the Release Notes. The workaround would be either using hardlinks or setting path to the original .so file as MOI.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting - dan_p
Hi,

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

There is a limitation on using symlinks for MOI in the Callgraph. Callgraph instrumentation engine can't find the absolute path properly for coping the .so file to the cache in this case. Unfortunately, it's not described in the Release Notes. The workaround would be either using hardlinks or setting path to the original .so file as MOI.

0 Kudos