Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

System getting hung

Amal_P
Beginner
Hi,

When executing the below command the entire system is getting hung. Is there some log options that I can check to see why is the entire system getting stuck. The toughest thing is entire system is getting stuck when I run it. Any pointers to debugging this problem?

./amplxe-cl --collect hotspots /home/amal/myprogram -f /config/amal/myprog.conf.default -D

Regards,
Amal
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi,
I assume your application runs fine outside of Intel VTune Amplifier XE. And "-f" is a command line argument for your application? Can you also explain why you use the option "-D"?

I will try the above here and report to you.

Thanks for using the forum.

Best Regards,
Krishna
0 Kudos
Amal_P
Beginner
Hi Krishna,

-D option will deamonize the application. Yeah, it's running fine without vtune. And I've tried the vtune without -D( ie without deamonizing too ). Even without deamoninizing the entire system is getting hung.

And that -f is ofcourse a parameter to my application.

Regards,
Amal P
0 Kudos
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the clarification. But I just have one more question. What kind of application is that? What does it do? Also, could you tell me what you see in the collector messages?

Thanks,
Krishna
0 Kudos