Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Thread Checker and Vista thread pools

Erik_Loman
Beginner

Hello all,

I am seeing weird readings in Thread Checker 3.1 under Windows Vista x86 and Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 runtime.

Thread Checker is reporting memory conflicts between threads from the Vista thread pool. Thread Checkeris reporting errors in file belonging to the Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 runtime (like tidtable.c and dbgdel.c).

These conflicts do not occur if I run the EXE and Thread Checker under Windows XP.

I strongly suspect Thread Checker not correctly working with the Vista thread pool.

Can anyone confirm this situation? I need to be sure that our multi-threadedsoftware is running correctly under both XP and Vista.

Kind regards,
Erik

0 Kudos
3 Replies
luweichao-2004
Beginner
gfdzgfdg
0 Kudos
Mark_D_Intel
Employee
I ran TC on a simple thread pool example and do not get this behavior.

More details:
Thread Checker update 9 (build number 26185 in the "About" box)
Vista (32 bit version)
Built example with VS2008, default settings for Debug mode configuration.

Is there anything in your project that would be different than what's listed here?

Mark

0 Kudos
Shwetha_D_Intel
Employee

Eric,

Could you please help us by answering these questions so that we can understand the problem better. ?

1. Could I get more details about which Windows* Thread Pool APIs you are using?

2. Do you have a separate implementations for Windows* XP and Windows* Vista? If not, what is Intel Thread Checker reporting for Vista*. Could you send me the Intel Thread Checker output files ?

3. If you can give us a test case that would be great.

Thanks

Shwetha Doss

0 Kudos