Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Time consumed by all hotspot using command line

R_B_
Beginner

Hi,

Is it possible to collect the time consumed by all basic blocks of a program using command line (i.e using amplxe-cl) after hotspot analysis? I want all the information in a file (preferably sorted with max. time consuming basic block at top). I am able to get information about only a small portion of the code using GUI. I want the information about all the basic block. Is there a command for that in amplxe-cl?

Thanks in advance

Regards - renjub (renjub007@gmail.com)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi renjub:

This is one of those questions that is fun to figure out the answer for! ;)

Usually, you can do just about anything from the command line.  Here is the command that I used to display what I think you want:

c:> amplxe-cl -report hw-events -r \temp\r002ah -group-by=basic-block,address -filter=basic-block-only -column=block,source,function,"Hardware Event Count:CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.REF_TSC:Self"

This is based on Advanced Hotspots results, if you used something else, like Basic Hotspots, you will need to change at least the columns displayed where I referenced "CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.REF_TSC".  My experience is that if you specify an invalid column name, VTune Amplifier will list the available column names.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi renjub:

This is one of those questions that is fun to figure out the answer for! ;)

Usually, you can do just about anything from the command line.  Here is the command that I used to display what I think you want:

c:> amplxe-cl -report hw-events -r \temp\r002ah -group-by=basic-block,address -filter=basic-block-only -column=block,source,function,"Hardware Event Count:CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.REF_TSC:Self"

This is based on Advanced Hotspots results, if you used something else, like Basic Hotspots, you will need to change at least the columns displayed where I referenced "CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.REF_TSC".  My experience is that if you specify an invalid column name, VTune Amplifier will list the available column names.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos