Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Tooltip not working

Minh-Nhut_Hong
Beginner

When I just start application, tooltip works just fine. 5 second later, it stops working. I don't get the tooltip/text hover when I move the mouse to Thread area. I can see the tooltip when hover over the bar in Thread Concurrency area.

I've tried many ways I can think of but nothing works after all. The only option I have at this point is to restart the VTune Amplifier. Any help would be appriciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rob5
New Contributor II

Minh-Nhut,

It seems this is rare behavior. This may be operating system related. Have you rebooted your system recently? What is the operating system and version you are running Intel VTune Amplifier XE on?. Are you running VTune Amplifier XE 2011 update 2? If not, which version? Is VTune Amplifier XE integrated with Visual Studio? If so, which version of Visual Studio? If not, or if you open the VTune Amplifier XE GUI outside of Visual Studio and open a results file does the tooltip behavior still occur.

Thanks
Rob

0 Kudos
Minh-Nhut_Hong
Beginner

Rob,
Thanks for your response.

To answer your questions:
- I rebooted my system and still observe the same problem after the reboot
- I am using Fedora 12 kernel 2.6.32
- Version of VTune: build 119041, I am not sure if it is update 2
- It is not integrated with Visual Studio
- It is the tooltip behavior observed when I used the tool alone

I tried the samples vtun_amplifier_xe_2011/en/samples/en/amplifier/roo1lw and observed the same tooltip behavior. I also tried my program using (remotely) VTune Amplifier XE running on one of machinesin the Manycore Test Lab. I connected to the lab machine from a laptop running Windows 7.I observed the same tooltip problem there.

I attached the screenshot of my application. When I move mouse horizontally over writerThread area, tooltip does not working well. When I move mouseover other thread function area, tooltip worksin longer period. Eventually it stops working though.

Minh-Nhut

Rob,

0 Kudos
Rob5
New Contributor II

Minh-Nhut,

Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 2 (build 135986) for Linux is now available. Are you able to upgrade to the latest release where the issue may be resolved?

Thanks
Rob

0 Kudos