Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Unable to Create New Activity

David_Coggin
Beginner

I am using VTune version 9.0 Build 719 with VS2008 Professional Edition, and XP 64-bit SP2. After initially reinstalling it today after not using it for a while, it worked fine. However, since then, after closing and reopening Visual Studio, I cannot get it to run. After opening a solution in Visual Studio the Tuning Browser window is blank. Selecting Tuning - Create New Activity - and any selection (e.g. Sampling Wizard), I get an error: "An error occurred while attempting to create the selected new project wizard." I have restarted, with no luck, then uninstalled, restarted, installed, restarted, with no luck. I appreciate any help.

David

Added: I have upgraded to version 9.1 Build 385 with no change.

Next update: I uninstalled, checked for a registry entry: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Intel Corporation\\VTune Performance Environment", but found none, deleted the VTune folder in Program Files, and reinstalled again-- no change.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

In my experience -

1) Make sure that VTune Analyzer standalone app is workable, first

2) Delete "vtune" sub-directory under old solution/project directory. When you work in VS2008, will create anew "VTune" tab, and new activities...

Regards, Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

In my experience -

1) Make sure that VTune Analyzer standalone app is workable, first

2) Delete "vtune" sub-directory under old solution/project directory. When you work in VS2008, will create anew "VTune" tab, and new activities...

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
David_Coggin
Beginner

Peter,

Thanks very much for the reply.Deleting the VTune folder in the project was all it took. I should have tried that myself already after uninstalling and reinstalling so many times. Thanks a lot.

David

0 Kudos