Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Unable to install VTune on Linux

Nikulichev__Vladimir

Update: although installer reported errors, looks like rpms were installed.

I have a trial version vtune_amplifier_2019.1.0.579888. A server is on RHEL 7.4. I want to install command-line tools.

1) It complained about not enough space in /opt, though it is not true:

$ df -h /opt/
Filesystem                 Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
xxx   50G   24G   27G  47% /opt
2) I tried to do silent installation. Config file:
ACCEPT_EULA=accept
CONTINUE_WITH_OPTIONAL_ERROR=yes
PSET_INSTALL_DIR=/path/to/intel
CONTINUE_WITH_INSTALLDIR_OVERWRITE=yes
PSET_MODE=install
CLUSTER_INSTALL_AUTOMOUNT=yes
AMPLIFIER_SAMPLING_DRIVER_INSTALL_TYPE=kit
AMPLIFIER_DRIVER_ACCESS_GROUP=vtune
AMPLIFIER_DRIVER_PERMISSIONS=666
AMPLIFIER_LOAD_DRIVER=yes
AMPLIFIER_C_COMPILER=/usr/bin/gcc
AMPLIFIER_KERNEL_SRC_DIR=/lib/modules/3.10.0-693.21.1.el7.x86_64/build
AMPLIFIER_MAKE_COMMAND=/usr/bin/make
AMPLIFIER_INSTALL_BOOT_SCRIPT=yes
ACTIVATION_TYPE=license_file
ACTIVATION_LICENSE_FILE=/path/to/xxx.lic
AMPLIFIER_DRIVER_PER_USER_MODE=no
COMPONENTS=;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-cli-common__noarch;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-common__noarch;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-cli__x86_64;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-cli-32bit__i486;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-collector-32linux__i486;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-collector-64linux__x86_64;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-doc__noarch;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-sep__noarch;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-target__noarch;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-gui-common__noarch;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-gui__x86_64;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-vpp-server__x86_64;intel-vtune-amplifier-2019-common-pset

Although CONTINUE_WITH_OPTIONAL_ERROR is yes, it complained about xorg:

Missing optional prerequisites

-- Xorg X11 server is not found

3) Tried option --cli-mode:

#  ./install.sh --cli-mode -s d4install.cfg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please select at least one component before you continue.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

4) Then I installed xorg. Still the same:

#  ./install.sh -s d4install.cfg
Please select at least one component before you continue.

5) Tried interactive installation. The same result.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Eugene_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for using VTune Amplifier!

If you want to install command-line tools only, you should install them from "vtune_amplifier_2019.1.0.579888/CLI_Install" directory.
In this case installer will not require presence of OS GUI components such as Xorg X11 server. Also, there will be no need to enumerate components in silent installation configuration file.

Could you please send us installation logs to find the root cause of issues you faced? These log files have names starting from "intel.pset" and are usually located in /tmp or $TMPDIR directory.

0 Kudos
Nikulichev__Vladimir

Hi Eugene,

Unfortunately, the box was rebooted, and these logs were deleted. I will come back if we'll install it on another box and issue will reproduce.

0 Kudos