Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Unable to re-open results

Ken_R_Intel
Employee

I am running Amplifier 2015, update 4 on Windows 8.1.  I run an analysis on a Linux box.  It works perfectly and I am able to review the results.  After I close the results and try to open them again, I get the following error:

Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2015 has faced a serious problem
    6/10/2015 12:03:22 PM  Cannot open data: Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2015 has faced a serious problem. 

Error 0x40000016 (Corrupted product installation) 

Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2015 has faced a serious problem
    6/10/2015 12:03:22 PM  Cannot open data: Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2015 has faced a serious problem. 

Error 0x40000016 (Corrupted product installation) 

Any idea what is going on with this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I think that VTune version on Linux should be higher than on Windows, it's better to use 2015 U4 on both operation systems.

Can you use "amplxe-cl -finalize -r r00??" to recover this problem? Do you have original result from Windows, and it can be copied to Linux to reproduce this problem? If so, can you please attach result to send me private message for investigating? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I have received your r003hs result, unfortunately I cannot open it both on Windows and Linux.

I have asked developer to look into...will get back to you as soon as I can.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

The developer commented, 

Hi Peter,

Can you please ask Ken for the following data:
1) does it happen with advanced hotspots (check both collecting stacks and without stacks)?
2) the content of /etc/issue from target system

The reason of this failure are unreadable symbols in <result dir>/config/context_values.cfg:

<contextValue id="osDetailedName" value="3.10.76-1nssmp64 ^[[H^[[J&#10;McAfee&#10;^[[1;37mMcAfee ESMREC 9.5.1^[[0;37m (\l)&#10;&#10;^[[1;34mhttp://www.mcafee.com^[[0;37m&#10;&#10;For support visit https://mysupport.mcafee.com&#10;"/>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can delete this line manually, then you can open result successfully.

I think that the product should be robust when analyzing strange line (ignore this), also need to investigate why this line was generated.

0 Kudos
Ken_R_Intel
Employee

Peter,

I have tried all of the advanced hotspot analyses and they all fail, however, I did get the one for "Hotspots, stacks and context switches to work once.  I could not repeat it however.  The target system is a custom build Linux system, so the issues files would not be of use to you.

Ken

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Ken,

It seemed that you worked on customized Linux system to cause this problem. Is it possible that you can run "amplxe-feedback -report-system-info > sys-info" then attach result via private message to me for investigating? Thank you.

Current workaround is to manually remove the line with unreasonable symbols in file context_values.cfg under result directory. 

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Right, custom "Linux" kernels are not supported.  You can find the list of supported distros in the Release Notes.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

The problem has been fixed - remove specific "issue" file under /etc since VTune Amplifier cannot parse it.

0 Kudos