Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Unable to uninstall VTune

osalzburg
Beginner
I just tried to use VTune 8.0 for Windows to analyze an application of mine. Sadly i ran into some problems.

The first thing that went wrong was during the installation.
The installer was unable to create it's shortcuts in the Start menu. This did not seem troubling to me.
I had to learn that VTune is unable to perform the analysis i need on a 32bit application on my 64bit system.
So i decided to uninstall it again on this system.
VTune is not able to uninstall itself though, as it can't find it's shortcuts in the start menu (obviously).
This is treated as a fatal error and stops the uninstall process.

I would like to remove VTune from my system and if anything try it out on a 32bit system.

If you need any more information, i'd be happy to provide it.
Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
aokunev
Beginner
Hi

It looks strange - the installation should not stop only because of shortcut abcense. Probably there were some other problems during you first install attempt. Could you please run the following command - it will run VTune uninstall and provide detailed log on all actions.

msiexec.exe /l*vFileName.txt /x {3BEADE1E-7521-4306-93CF-B52A75061C46}

Please attach the information from FileName.txt to VTune bug tracker at premier.intel.com.

Regards, Andrei
0 Kudos
osalzburg
Beginner
Thanks for your reply.
In the meanwhile i was actually able to to uninstall VTune. The problem was simply that the folder in the start menu was corrupted and could not be accessed.

This brings me to another point though, as this corruption has it's reason.
When VTune was installing i got a BSOD possibly triggered by SafeGuard (as i run Windows XP x64). The BSOD reported manipulation of system critical files.
It's hard for me to determine the exact cause of this as i can't locate any logs of this event. And i can only guess that the reason for this was triggered by the VTune installation.
0 Kudos
osalzburg
Beginner
Thanks for your help
0 Kudos