Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

VTSS.SYS error installing Parallel Studio XE

van_l_
Beginner

[Moved from Fortran forum]

I ran into a a different problem while installing PSXE 2016 update 1 Cluster Edition. I'm currently running Windows 8.1 pro and I have visual studio 2012 Ultimate installed. I also installed Windows Software Development Kit for Windows 8.1 as the installation guide suggested. However, I ran into crash at the middle of the installation and get the blue screen error "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (VTSS.SYS)" Please help. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

According to error message, probably installer didn't stop old vtss.sys successfully - I don't know why.

You might open a cmd with "administrator" privilege to run "amplxe-segreg -u" under "VTune Amplifier XE 2016\bin64". THat is to shutdown old vtss.sys and others. Sometime if driver is running that you need to reboot system, I suppose. 

0 Kudos
van_l_
Beginner

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your input. I tried your suggestion. Whey typed in "ample-segreg -u", I received " 'ample-segreg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

0 Kudos
van_l_
Beginner

Peter, 

I ran "ample-sepreg -u" instead, and it showed that VTSS++ ... NOT FOUND

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 6.10.46 PM.png

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

So, there is no old drivers remained. Can you install VTune Amplifier without BSD? Click on installer with administrator privilege to install.

0 Kudos
van_l_
Beginner

I tried that and still come across the same problem. 

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Can you please run "amplxe-feedback -create-bug-report <report archive>" to generate zip file then send me private message with attached log zip file? This is a valuable report I can report to developer. Thank you!

0 Kudos
van_l_
Beginner

Peter, I can't find "ample-feedback" file in program files. Where would this file be? 

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

amplxe-feedback.exe should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\VTune Amplifier XE 2016\bin64

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Can you post BugCheck's first parameter (an exception code)?

0 Kudos
Ludmila_P_Intel
Employee

Could you, please, say your processor family and model?

Thank you

0 Kudos