Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4994 Discussions

VTune(TM) Performance Analyzer 7.1 can run on target system.

Deleted_U_Intel
Employee
Dear Sir,
Here I use VTune Performance Analyzer 7.1 on PXA263,but at the remote system(Windows CE), the program VTRemoteSvr.exe initialize failed with a hint of "Please make sure all component are ...",I have already provide MFC function and network. But I do not know what happend about this. The progrma VTuneTDC.exe on the target system also has someting wrong with it,the hint is Initialize failed.
Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous24
Beginner

wellhope_han:

How did you get the remote agent onto the Windows* CE device? Did you run setup or did you copy the files via ActiveSync or some other mechanism? Also, which "Windows CE" are you using?

Try to get VTuneTDC.exe working, first. You may need to copy the VTune analyzer files into the Windows directory, if you are not using setup to install the analyzer's remote agent.

-dlanders

0 Kudos
Anonymous24
Beginner

Since you have ActiveSync set up for the device, you should be able to execute the SETUP.EXE in the TargetSetup directory *on* the PC. If the device is connected at the time you start the setup, it will install the application(s) on the device. If it is not connected, it will schedule it for the next time the device connets via ActiveSync.

By the way, what device is this? Normally, only the Intel development boards are supported. The Viewsonic V35 is also supported.
If this is a custom device, you must ensure that support for the analyzer is built into the OS image before trying to use the analyzer on it. You may be able to get this information via your Intel Field Representative.
-dlanders

Message Edited by dlanders_tuner on 04-12-2004 11:29 AM

0 Kudos