Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

VTune: Unable to run app in admin mode

Meera27
Beginner

Hi,

I installed Intel Vtune Profiler using below exe.

w_oneapi_vtune_p_2021.6.0.414.exe

Post that when I try to run Vtune in admin, it gets hanged. I am trying to run this as admin because I am getting below error message when I try to select our project exe 

Error

Binary C:\Users\user\Documents\app.exe' cannot be executed. Suggestion: Make sure the file exists, specified location is correct, and you have privileges to run the file.

I tried to run sample(matrix) this works fine. Facing problem while running my app.exe.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Can you please share the below information for better understanding of the issue.

1)Can you please check that you are able to run app.exe from the exact path from command prompt in admin mode and make sure you have the required privileges. If yes please share the sample reproducer and exact steps you followed.

2)In your post when you mentioned "when I try to run Vtune in admin, it gets hanged" were you referring to the Vtune running into the error?

regards,

jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Can you please share the information provided above.

Thank you,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos