Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

VTune XE assertion error on Sandy Bridge processors with 2011 and 2013 versions

Chris_B_3
Beginner

We are consistently seeing an assertion error when running VTune XE for Linux HotSpot analysis on Sandy Bridge based processors.

VTune versions: vtune_amplifier_xe_2011u8, vtune_amplifier_xe_2013u3

Linux version: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 (Santiago)

Kernel: 2.6.32-220.23.1

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz

Error code:

Assertion '(4 ) + (2 +2 +4 +4 + cpu_no*(2 +leaf_no*(2*4 +4*4 ))) == pos' failed. Please contact the developers.

Assertion '(4 ) + (2 +2 +4 +4 + cpu_no*(2 +leaf_no*(2*4 +4*4 ))) == pos' failed. For more information, please visit the technical support forum at https://software.intel.com/sites/support/

We do not see this with Red Hat 5 / VTune 2011 / Nehalem processors. Can someone shed some light on the error, if it's origin is VTune or the Sandy Bridge architecture, it's severity, and if there is a work-around or fix in the works for it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Have you tried latest VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2013 Update 4?

Are you sure that you used Hotspots collector, not Lightweight-hotspots? What was command line? 

If you still have this problem after using U4, can you attach result directory?

0 Kudos
Chris_B_3
Beginner

VTune 2013 Update 4 seems to correct that issue.  Thank you. However, now I am seeing:

Error 0x40000026 (Database interface error) -- Cannot run data transformation `Compute CPU Usage'

When trying to run a summary report on the data collection. I appreciate your assistance.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

cabeggi@sandia.gov wrote:

VTune 2013 Update 4 seems to correct that issue.  Thank you. However, now I am seeing:

Error 0x40000026 (Database interface error) -- Cannot run data transformation `Compute CPU Usage'

When trying to run a summary report on the data collection. I appreciate your assistance.

It seemed that data collection was OK, and met error when ran:

amplxe-cl -report summary -r result-directory

Is the problem only for summary? Can you do - "amplxe-cl -report hotspots -r result-directory"?

Is it possible that you can attach result directory for invesigating? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Chris_B_3
Beginner

I was able to to 'amplxe-cl -report hotspots -r result-directory.' Thank you, this is resolved.

0 Kudos