Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4994 Discussions

VTune analyses fails or falls back to driverless mode while the driver is installed.

vsol_ll
Novice

Hello,

I faced with some issues running analyses. E.g. changing stack-size to unlimited leads to

$ /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2022.1.0/bin64/vtune -collect hotspots -knob sampling-mode=hw -knob sampling-interval=1 -knob enable-stack-collection=true -knob stack-size=0 -mrte-mode=native -target-duration-type=veryshort -data-limit=10000 -cpu-mask=3 -finalization-mode=full -app-working-dir /local/home/vsolontsov/itto.run --app-working-dir=/local/home/vsolontsov/itto.run -- /usr/local/bin/pin -c 3 -e ./run_feed.sh
vtune: Warning: The Duration Time Estimate option is deprecated. Use the CPU Sampling Interval option on the Analysis Type configuration pane instead.
vtune: Collection failed.
vtune: Internal Error

So I tried the vtune-self-checker in two modes, with and without vtsspp installed.

HW event-based analysis check (Intel driver)   
Example of analysis types: Microarchitecture Exploration
    Collection: Ok
    Finalization: Ok...
    Report: Fail
vtune: Error: 0x40000024 (No data) -- No data is collected. Possible reasons:
 - Workload is too small. No samples are collected.
 - The application environment is not specified correctly.
 - The executable file has been stripped so cannot be profiled with algorithm analysis types.
 See the Troubleshooting help topic for more details.
 Also consider checking the collection log for additional information. 

Could you please suggest?

A full self-check log is attached.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
vsol_ll
Novice

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I had no time to test if the downgrade helps. I may try this later and will be happy to update here.

But no timeline yet.

Thanks,

Vlad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Can you please share the below information for a better understanding of the issue:

1. I can see that you are using a Linux distribution. Can you please specify which distribution you are using? (eg: ubuntu18.04, centos8, fedora)
  2. A sample reproducer or sample executable.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
vsol_ll
Novice

Hi Jaideep,

It's Centos 7 with the latest official kernel.

You see, the logs I attached are from vtune-self-checker, so it appears on the standard matrix sample.

Thanks,

Vlad

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

We tried running the command which you shared above on Ubuntu18.04 and also in centos 8. It ran without any issue. Could you please try running it on another environment, as centos 7 is deprecated in the release, Intel® one API 2022.1, and will be removed in a future release.

centos7_deprecation.JPG

Please refer to the below link to check the supported environments:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/system-requirements/vtune-profiler-system-requirements.html

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
vsol_ll
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately another GNU/Linux distribution is not an option for us.

All I try is downgrade the VTune to a version prior 2022.1. Do you think it's a reasonable test?

NB I tried running VTune under CentOS 7 with a newer v5.4.172 kernel taken from ELRepo with the same result as the official v3.10.0-1160.53.

Thanks,

Vlad

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Since your OS is deprecated for the VTune2022.1 version, we don't have another option. You can try downgrading your Vtune version or you can try on a different OS and let us know. We are always ready to help you. If the above suggestions help you sort out your problem, make sure to accept them as a solution. This would help others with similar issues. Thank you!

Regards,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with a similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
vsol_ll
Novice

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I had no time to test if the downgrade helps. I may try this later and will be happy to update here.

But no timeline yet.

Thanks,

Vlad

0 Kudos
vsol_ll
Novice

Finally I managed to downgrade the VTune to `2022.0.0` and I can confirm this version passes the self-check on CentOS 7 (kernel 3.10.0-1160.53.1.el7.x86_64).

Regards,

Vlad

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos