Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5042 Discussions

VTune doesn't work on the latest Fedora 38

fygesser
Beginner

Hi,

On a fresh Fedora 38 installation, after running dnf upgrade, I can no longer use Intel VTune. When I try to run a hotspot analysis, I'm faced with the following error:

ProcessSectionHeaders: 827: strange section type for .annobin.notes

Screenshot from 2023-10-10 10-02-15.png

Please advise.

PS. I'm running the latest version of Intel VTune 2023.2 that I installed from the Intel RPM repo.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fygesser
Beginner
For future readers, updating the Fedora 39 Beta seems to resolve the problem, at least for now.

Don't forget to recompile after the update theough - any binary compiled on the latest Fedora 38 won't work even after the update to Fedora 39!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

The latest Fedora 38 is not a validated operating system supported by Intel VTune Profiler 2023.2. Could you please try the same on a supported operating system.

Please refer the Intel VTune Profiler system requirements for more details : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/system-requirements/vtune-profiler-system-requirements.html

If you face the same issue on a supported OS, please share the processor details and exact steps to reproduce your issue. Also share a sample reproducer (exact replica of your sample) so that we can debug further.

Thanks

0 Kudos
fygesser
Beginner
For future readers, updating the Fedora 39 Beta seems to resolve the problem, at least for now.

Don't forget to recompile after the update theough - any binary compiled on the latest Fedora 38 won't work even after the update to Fedora 39!
0 Kudos
Vtune1
Beginner

Is Fedora38 officially supported by latest Vtune2024 version? I saw same errors with Fedora 38. Or should I upgrade to 39?

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks

0 Kudos