Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

VTune not working in Ubuntu 16.04

Federico_T_
Beginner

Hello,

Today I received an Intel Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition license for Linux, I tested VTune's against Ubuntu 16.04, I have never used it before but it was clear that the SW was missing some functionality.

After some troubleshooting and thanks to this guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/sep_driver, found that the problem was the vtsspp driver, this failed to compile during installation.

After modifying the #if condition (kernel version) in both files: vtsspp/module.c (Line 755) and vtsspp/collector.c (Line 1811) the SW compiled and installed successfully, bringing VTune's functionality back.

Regards,

Federico Tula Rovaletti

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jennifer_D_Intel

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue and describing the fix.  Ubuntu backported changes to module.h to kernel 4.4, and support for this is planned for the 2017 release.

Regards,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Janko__Bayncore_
Beginner

Hi Federico,

which version did you use, the latest update 3 package?

I had some issues with newer Ubuntu's and the 2016 base version so that I needed to downgrade my OS. 
Would be good to know the current state.

Thanks,

Janko

0 Kudos
Travis_D_
New Contributor II

So it seems like the 2017 releases are out (at least, I downloaded Parallel Studio XE Pro 2017 edition). Is this fixed there? I'm going through installation with 16.04 right now and want to confirm VTune is functional.

0 Kudos
Ekaterina_L_Intel

Hello,

Ubuntu 16.04 is supported with VTune Amplifier 2017.

Regards, Katya

0 Kudos