Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

VTune: restricting counting to user mode generated events

Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Linux perf posses an option an "u" switch to restrict the event counting to user mode code triggers only. Does VTune (its console version) posses a corresponding switch to enable only user mode performance event counting?

I thoroughly inspected the available command line switches and have not seen that option existing.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

It is possible with a custom analysis type that you can compose yourself (-collect-with action in CL) or derive from a predefined analysis type using GUI and then generate a command line from it. In the custom analysis type you can add "-knob event-mode=user" to collect only user mode samples.

Thanks & Regards, Dmitry

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

It is possible with a custom analysis type that you can compose yourself (-collect-with action in CL) or derive from a predefined analysis type using GUI and then generate a command line from it. In the custom analysis type you can add "-knob event-mode=user" to collect only user mode samples.

Thanks & Regards, Dmitry

Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you very much.

That was the answer that I was looking for.

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi iliyapolak,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. We won't be monitoring this thread anymore. Kindly raise a new thread if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos