Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

VTune supporting asp.net

infocom-solutions
Hi,

One of my ISV downloaded the Vtune setup . We tried all possibilities to test our application, but found that Vtune doesn't support any asp.net applications. It supports only .exe .com .bat files. If there is a way to test asp.net based web application using Vtune, please guide me or give me a work around for this problem.

Please do the needful asap.

Regards,

Praveen
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Hi,

One of my ISV downloaded the Vtune setup . We tried all possibilities to test our application, but found that Vtune doesn't support any asp.net applications. It supports only .exe .com .bat files. If there is a way to test asp.net based web application using Vtune, please guide me or give me a work around for this problem.

Please do the needful asap.

Regards,

Praveen

You can use sampling wizard or call graph wizard for .NET* profiling, the next step is to select application type as "ASP.NET".

I recommend that you shut down all clients of all InternetServices before starting any ASP.NET* profiling session. The VTune Analyzer will restart IIS and its dependent services before profiling.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Also, please let me know if this article helps or not.

0 Kudos