Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

VTune unusable on High-DPI screens

Jakob__Wenzel
Beginner

Currently sold displays have in excess of 4K pixels and require special application support ("HiDPI") to ensure that GUI elements are rendered at a suitable (i.e. non-tiny) resolution. This generally involves doubling the size of fonts and icons and adapting layouts somewhat.

Unfortunately the latest version of VTune is completely unusable when run on a high DPI monitor :( -- I've attached a few screenshots to illustrate how bad it is.

The problem is that some fonts are rendered at the right resolution (i.e. large), but they are contained in UI elements which are not large enough to accommodate them, which means that the text is clipped. Other fonts are rendered at the default resolution for non-HiDPI screens, which means that they are incredibly small and require the user to come very close to the screen to be able to read them.

Part of the reason might be that VTune still uses the GTK2 libraries to render UI element on Linux. GTK 3 supports highDPI displays and all that this entails.

@Intel: Please implement proper High-DPI support in VTune, this is a already problem now and will be even more severe in the future when all monitors will have high DPI values.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexandra_S_Intel

Thank you for informing us, Wenzel. I have submitted a product defect ticket on this issue. :)

0 Kudos
Jakob__Wenzel
Beginner

Great, thank you Alexandra. Please let me know if I can help with anything.

0 Kudos