Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

VTune vpp-server start Failed

侯玉山
Novice

Hi,

I encountered the following error when starting VPP, but my system depends on influxdb,

Can I start vpp-server without stopping the influxdb instance?

Below are the error details:

(base) [root@head server]# vpp-server config
Intel(R) VTune(TM) Profiler - Platform Profiler is already configured. To start the server, run vpp-server start.
(base) [root@head server]# vpp-server start
Path to store Platform Profiler data [/root/intel/vtune_platform_profiler/data]: /home/hys_dir
Failed to start server. An instance of influxdb server has been launched by another process or user and it cannot be controlled by the server. Please stop influxdb instance before trying to start the server again. For details, refer to vpp-server.log in the server logs directory.

thinks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stas-Neverov-Intel

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the VPP - it would conflict with other instances of the InfluxDB on the system.

We'll document this limitation in the Release Notes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forum.

Could you share the reproducer? We would like to know the steps followed for influxdb and vpp-server so that we can try from our end.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

Stas-Neverov-Intel

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the VPP - it would conflict with other instances of the InfluxDB on the system.

We'll document this limitation in the Release Notes.

0 Kudos
侯玉山
Novice
0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos