Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Viewing results with different Updates/Build# of Vtune 2013?

Pramod_K_
Beginner

Hi All,

I have following scenario: I am working on different clusters with Vtune 2013 installed but different Updates/Builds# (from 11 to 15). Analyzing results with amplxe-gui on remote node is very slow and hence I often prefer to visualize it on local cluster. But as we have different updates installed on different clusters, is there any portable way to convert results for particular build of Vtune 2013? (in my case I would like to view results generated by vtune 2013 build#15  to vtune 2013 build#10)

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Pramod!

Great question!  In general, however, results are only backwards compatible; that is, only new updates can read old updates' results.  Because results formats may change in later updates, older updates will not have any knowledge of of the newer formats.

What type of analysis are you performing?  Basic or Advanced Hotspots?  Or, some other advanced analysis type?

0 Kudos
Pramod_K_
Beginner

Thanks for clarification.

Now I am doing hotspots and concurrency analysis (but will also look at hardware level analysis).

I understand that every update might be adding/improving features, but making the results completely incompatible with every update seems too inconvenient considering new updates every month or two. Instead it would be ok if I loose some information while viewing newer build results with older vtune build. Just an opinion :)

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos