Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Vtune API for reading timeline?

Karthik_Gururaj
Beginner
Hello,
Is there an API/tool provided by Vtune Amplifier XE11 so that I could read the "timeline" of the result collected? For example, the Vtune gui shows the uops retired for each ~10ms interval (program runtime say 10s - implies 1000 values). Is there a way to read the 1000 values - one for each 10ms interval - into an array/list/vector using some API? I can see the timeline graphs just fine (from the gui) and collect total stats from the command line, but per interval stats are proving tough to get. The files run<>/dicer-db/ files seem to be the ones to read, but I do not know which tool/api to use.
Thanks,
Karthik
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee
Hi Karthik,

No, Intel Vtune Amplifier XE doesn't provide such an API. The intention is to use Amplifier for both collecting and viewing results. You're correct, these files are ones that contain collector traces, and Amplifier reads them for viewing results. But there is no externally provided tool for accessing to the trace information directly.

Regards,
Kirill

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee
Hi Karthik,

No, Intel Vtune Amplifier XE doesn't provide such an API. The intention is to use Amplifier for both collecting and viewing results. You're correct, these files are ones that contain collector traces, and Amplifier reads them for viewing results. But there is no externally provided tool for accessing to the trace information directly.

Regards,
Kirill
0 Kudos
Karthik_Gururaj
Beginner
Thanks Kirill, alternately is there a way to store the timeline information produced when running Vtune into text/csv format?
0 Kudos
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee
Unfortunately no, Amplifier XE doesn't provide export to txt or csv. It only uses format of /dicer-db/ files.
0 Kudos