Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Vtune Amplifier 2013: Function details

Aravind
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to obtain the following basic information using vune

1. No of times a function is called
  2. The function call graph (also if possible, the detailed call graph with basic block info)
  3. No of times a statement is executed

I cannot find a way to do the same. When I looked on this forum, there are some methods given for older versions. But I cannot find the same for this version. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

1. There is no "exact" call count of function, only "statistical" call count which depends on samples

2. Similar function in Top-view report, like as call-tree. No basic block info is available.

3. No call count in statements. 

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Hi Peter!

Can you tell me how Vtune resolves an addresses to the function names.Does it use parsed IAT and Export tables.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

iliyapolak wrote:

Hi Peter!

Can you tell me how Vtune resolves an addresses to the function names.Does it use parsed IAT and Export tables.

If your application was built with debug options like as "/Zi" "/DEBUG" on Windows to generate .PDB file, "-g" option on Linux to generate symbol info in binary. It is not difficult for any tool to find an (instruction) address to locate at a source line in a function.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Thanks for answer!

I did not took into acount PDB files.

0 Kudos