I would like to obtain the following basic information using vune
- No of times a function is called
- The function call graph (also if possible, the detailed call graph with basic block info)
- No of times a statement is executed
I cannot find a way to do the same. When I looked on this forum, there are some methods given for older versions. But I cannot find the same for this version. Any help is appreciated.
1. There is no "exact" call count of function, only "statistical" call count which depends on samples
2. Similar function in Top-view report, like as call-tree. No basic block info is available.
3. No call count in statements.
Can you tell me how Vtune resolves an addresses to the function names.Does it use parsed IAT and Export tables.
If your application was built with debug options like as "/Zi" "/DEBUG" on Windows to generate .PDB file, "-g" option on Linux to generate symbol info in binary. It is not difficult for any tool to find an (instruction) address to locate at a source line in a function.