Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4973 Discussions

Vtune analyzer (2020.02) does not display the working tabs

drMikeT
New Contributor I

Hello, 

I can start Vtune (Intel 2020.02 Intel Parallel Studio XE) and select the project (from the project list that is visible), but when I try to configure the profiling sessions Vtune only shows 3 blank columns . 

The systems are Linux Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 7.9 (Maipo) and CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core). 

Any suggestions?

thanks

Michael

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi drMikeT,

Could you please try the latest version of vtune (2021.2). If you are still facing issues could you please attach a screenshot of vtune-gui where the tabs are blank. 

Alternatively could you try profiling using vtune command line and try opening results in the GUI as a workaround.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi drMikeT

As your new issue is related to installation I have moved the message to  "Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation forum".

https://community.intel.com/t5/Registration-Download-Licensing/Re-Re-Vtune-analyzer-2020-02-does-not-display-the-working-tabs/m-p/1273236#M645

About parallel studio cluster edition, the toolkit would be available for download only if you have an existing license for the product.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
drMikeT
New Contributor I

We do have company-wide license (Chevron) off a license server and the "INTEL_LICENSE_FILE" is already set before running Vtune.

Do I need to set the "INTEL_LICENSE_FILE" before running the OneAPI installer?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Michael,

Could you please raise your query about Licenses in "Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation forum". 

Thanks

Arun Jose

0 Kudos
drMikeT
New Contributor I

Thanks, I will post the question there

Michael

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Michael,

We could see you have accepted the solution to the thread in Registration-Download-Licensing forum, we assume you are able to install the toolkit without issues. With the new version of vtune are you still facing the issue of working tabs being empty.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi

We are closing the case assuming the issue is resolved with new version of vtune. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer 

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos