Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Vtune and core2duo

svitcov
Beginner

Hi all. I've got the problem with Vtune 8.0.0.14 doesn't support Core2Duo clockticks. And i've found that some "beta" should support it". But where can I get the version with Core2Duo support?

Thanks in advance.

= Constantine

0 Kudos
3 Replies
aokunev
Beginner
Hi Constantine

You probably want to use latest VTune 8.0.4 for Linux. It has official support of Core 2 Duo and Quad processors. It also includes fixes for many serious problems so it's definitly worth dowloading it in your case.

regards, Andrei
0 Kudos
svitcov
Beginner
Andrei, thanks. Unfortunately the target platform is Windows. I just use Prescott system for profiling, but it's not convinient heh -).
0 Kudos
aokunev
Beginner
yeah, I did not notice you published this in VTune for window forum. You should use VTune 8.0.2 Beta for Windows. See from description:
---
The beta version of Intel VTune Performance Analyzer 8.0.2 for Windows* is now available. It adds support for tuning the multi-core Intel Core 2 Quad processors, Intel Core 2 Duo processors, and Dual-Core Intel Xeon processor 3000 and 5100 series. It also updates the Intel Tuning Assistant with support for the Intel Core 2 Duo processors. If you do not require support for these newer processors, we recommend staying with version 8.0. This beta release (Build 23121) is now available to licensed customers with a current support contract.A valid beta license file is also required.

regards, Andrei
0 Kudos