Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Vtune doesn't start

SD__FR
Beginner

I've been using VTune 2020 update 1 for  a little while and it was working good. But now, it won't even launch. I see the VTune splash guard, it stays up for a while and then nothing.

Looking in Task Manager (Windows 10 1809), nothing Vtune related subsists after the splash screen goes away.

I tried uninstall/re-installing, reboots, windows updates, installed VTune 2020 update 2, etc... Nothing works and I have no clue why it won't start.

I run VTune as a stand alone (not through Visual Studio project/vsi).

Any suggestions is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kirill_U_Intel
Employee

Hi,

could you try to remove %appdata%/Intel/VTune/settings or/and “%appdata%/Intel/Amplifier XE/settings and rerun vtune-gui again?

if the issue is here, could you collect logs for us?

vtune-gui --log-to-console --log-level=debug

Kirill

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Is your issue resolved? Please let us know if the issue still persists

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We are assuming that the solution provided helped and would no longer be monitoring this issue.Please raise a new thread if you have further issues.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Xottab-DUTY
Beginner

Hi, I have the same problem. Removing settings folder doesn't help.

Here's the log:

H:\Programs\Intel\oneAPI>vtune-gui --log-to-console --log-level=debug

H:\Programs\Intel\oneAPI>
[19440:0703/171954.216:ERROR:viz_main_impl.cc(162)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
[18584:0703/171954.321:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(441)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is disabled
Suspicious operation prevented: unexpected symbolic link at C:\Users\╨б╤Г╨╗╤В╨░╨╜\AppData\Roaming\Intel\VTune\settings\certificates\consul.key. This could indicate an attack attempt.

Is the problem because my Windows account name is not in English and doesn't use English letters at all?

0 Kudos