Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Vtune in Fortran XE2020 update 4 using Visual Studio is not working with AMD Threadripper 3990X

rivkin__steve
New Contributor II

In my current project from within Visual Studio I clicked on "Open Vtune Profiler" and in Performance Snapshot I get two error messages stating that Vtune can not recognize the microprocessor. Does anyone in the Vtune development group have an AMD Threadripper 39nnX to test this on, with possibly a lot fewer cores if cost is an issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We would like to know the below details

1)Vtune version

2)Fortran XE 2020 update 4 edition

3)Visual Studio version

Regarding your last question,no hardware assisted analysis types will be supported on non-intel platforms and also we would like to bring in to your kind notice that we have a product Intel Parallel Studio XE developed by Intel.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
rivkin__steve
New Contributor II

I'm using the latest version of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Professional, Fortran, update 4, Windows 10, 64-bit, AMD 3990X. The Vtune version within this package is 2020 update 3.

MS Visual Studio Community 2019 v16.7.4

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We could see that you are doing performance snapshot that involves hardware analysis,which is not supported for non -intel platforms..You may try doing other software analysis like hotspot analysis,threading analysis etc.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Did that help?Do you have any update?

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We are assuming that the solution provided helped and would no longer be monitoring this issue. Please raise a new thread if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos