Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Vtune start error

ptgoel
Beginner
Hi,

I just downloaded an evaluation version of vtune 9.0 for linux. as i launched vtlec, i am getting following error. Can you help me out in solving this.

---------
JVM terminated. Exit code=1
/opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.1/jrockit-jre1.5.0_03/bin/java
-Dosgi.splashLocation=/opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.1/eclipse/plugins/com.intel.sdp.primary_2.0.2/splash.bmp
-jar /opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.1/eclipse/startup.jar
-os linux
-ws gtk
-arch x86
-launcher /opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.1/eclipse/eclipse
-name Eclipse
-showsplash 600
-exitdata 20001
-product com.intel.sdp.primary.product
-perspective com.intel.vtune.shell.tuningPerspective
-vm /opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.1/jrockit-jre1.5.0_03/bin/java
-vmargs
-Dosgi.splashLocation=/opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.1/eclipse/plugins/com.intel.sdp.primary_2.0.2/splash.bmp
-jar /opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.1/eclipse/startup.jar
-------
0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
What OS did you install it on and did you verify that it is supportedin the Release Notes?
0 Kudos
niallain
Beginner
Hi ptgoel,

Where did you get vtune 9.0 for linux?
0 Kudos
ptgoel
Beginner

Hi niallian,

Sorry for the mistake earlier. I am using vtune 8 (eval version)on red hat 9.0. that day i did a typo mistake and when i tried to login back for correction, i couldn't login since forum was going under maintainence or so.

Dave:

am using RedHat 9 with kernel 2.4.20. (all libs default installations). i guess the problem i am getting is because of eclipse, i tried running eclipse by using ./eclipse in /opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3/1/eclipse

it gave me same error.

any hints ?

0 Kudos
jeffrey-gallagher
Interesting stuff!
If the problem is eclipse only, that might mean the command line version of the product will work. Try these and report back?
cheers
jdg
$ vtl version # should give version
$ vtl activity -c sampling -app "/bin/ls" run # should complete fast and normally
$ vtl activity view # should show ascii results of the /bin/ls run
$ vtl activity view -gui # should show same /bin/ls data, but in a plugin viewer
If all of these work, it might be useful to examine your installation. Was it a default? Did you decide not to install Eclipse? That sort of thing. An easy way to do this is to view the installation log:
/var/log/vtune_install.log
If you are curious about more than just installation, you can create a thorough log of your system resources (from the analyzer's point of view) by running the VTune Quality Feedback Agent:
/opt/intel/vtune/bin/vtqfagent
Running this will create an ASCII text log (the name is given to you as you run the command) and you can vi or view that file and see what is going on on your server, compare supported softwares with unsupported.
I hope this helps!
cheers
jdg
0 Kudos