Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Win7 support

TaylorIoTKidd
New Contributor I
I'm absolutely sure that this question has been addressed numerous times, but I can't find it in the search. But then I can never find anything using the Intel search engine.

Does VTune support Win7-32 or Win7-64? If not, is it possible to use the Vista version? Is there an unofficial beta release that does support? Do you have an estimate for support?

Regards,
--Taylor
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_T_Intel
I'm absolutely sure that this question has been addressed numerous times, but I can't find it in the search. But then I can never find anything using the Intel search engine.

Does VTune support Win7-32 or Win7-64? If not, is it possible to use the Vista version? Is there an unofficial beta release that does support? Do you have an estimate for support?

Regards,
--Taylor
Hi Taylor,

VTune does not support Windows 7 as yet, and does support Vista. There is no beta release supporting Win7. But stay tuned.
0 Kudos
dbacchus
Beginner
Hi Taylor,

VTune does not support Windows 7 as yet, and does support Vista. There is no beta release supporting Win7. But stay tuned.

STILL no support of Win7?? It'sthe end of November 2009! Unbelievable...
0 Kudos
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting - dbacchus

STILL no support of Win7?? It'sthe end of November 2009! Unbelievable...
Sorry of inconviniences. We suggest trying Intel Parallel Studio instead. It supports Windows 7 already.
0 Kudos
dbacchus
Beginner
Sorry of inconviniences. We suggest trying Intel Parallel Studio instead. It supports Windows 7 already.

Unfortunately, Parallel Studio doesn't support Intel Fortran... That's why we need Vtune.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting - dbacchus

Unfortunately, Parallel Studio doesn't support Intel Fortran... That's why we need Vtune.
I see. So, the only workaround would be to use Windows XP or Vista at the moment.
0 Kudos