Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5065 Discussions

base relocation with bake system

quakerex
Beginner
Hi - I am using Bake as a build tool and Ruby Script to specify build rules, and a GNU Make backend to evaluate dependencies and execute the actual build commands. The problem is, when i set up the call graph activity, it complains about my exe having been created without base relocations.

The challenge is figuring out how to get the bake build system to do the same thing that MS Visual Studio does with /fixed:no.

kindly provide some insight ingetting around the problem.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
robert-reed
Valued Contributor II
Quoting - quakerex
Hi - I am using Bake as a build tool and Ruby Script to specify build rules, and a GNU Make backend to evaluate dependencies and execute the actual build commands. The problem is, when i set up the call graph activity, it complains about my exe having been created without base relocations.

The challenge is figuring out how to get the bake build system to do the same thing that MS Visual Studio does with /fixed:no.

The question is less what build system you're using but what compiler and linker you're using. I'm unfamiliar with the build system you've chosen but surely there must be somewhere that you specify the parameters for invoking the linker. The /fixed:no directive should be placed there.

0 Kudos