Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

cannot load data file for Python trace

Larry_R_2
Beginner

Hi

I'm following the instructions to profile a long-running Python process. It used to work a few weeks ago but today I keep getting the error below. I can see that the pytrace file actually exists and has a seemingly reasonable size (2MB in this case, similar to the file size of previous successful runs). But it can't be loaded.

Please help.

Regards

Larry

Finalization completed with warnings 

14/04/2016 10:45:26  Result finalization has completed with warnings that may affect the representation of the analysis data. Please see details below. 
    Cannot load data file `C:\Amplifier XE\Projects\python\r007pyhs\data.0\20456-24024.0.pytrace' ().

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I don't know what VTune Amplifier's version you used. Please try latest VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2017 beta, if you meet problem again, please verify a simple example in my blog - know if it is your program specific issue. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I don't know what VTune Amplifier's version you used. Please try latest VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2017 beta, if you meet problem again, please verify a simple example in my blog - know if it is your program specific issue. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Larry_R_2
Beginner

Thanks Peter. I've upgraded to 2017 beta and now it works perfectly.

0 Kudos