Analyzers
Support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

clockticks

Mona_Ezz
Beginner
After applying the steps defined to make performance analysis on .Net Application,I reached the hotspots, we find hotspot on a function called ShowListView , On pressing the function to reach the code we find the clockticks = 1 and The Tuning Assistant doesn't support us with solution,
We want to know how the clockticks = 1 and the system refers that there is a hotspot !!
Also if there is a hotspot how we can resolve while Tuning Assistant doesn't support Us
What is the situation in case of don't find hotspots ?
Please find the following image for more declaration:

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Black Belt
I don't see your .jpg files; I guess you used some strange Windows version-dependent scheme to attempt to attach them.
VTune is not making a judgment when it places functions in the hot spot list; it collects all functions with 1 or more samples. If the function was hit only once during your sampling session, and the run was long enough (1000 times your sample-after value), this is not a hot spot. You certainly couldn't expect tuning advice for a function which doesn't have hundreds of samples.