I want to debug code as well as analyse code through Vtune amplifier. I used following command
ifort -o file.x -O3 -g *.o . However , when I open the source code in Vtune amplifier, that particular subroutine is comming in the binary format. I have searched in intel forums also, I could not get proper suggestions. Could any one please suggest me, whether am I doing correct or wrong. I enclosed snapshots of my results.
You showed your link step, which you have set up correctly to link against debug libraries. This does not modify the .o files, which you apparently made without -g, so they don't have the debug symbols required to refer to source code.