Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

count floating point operations with VTune

benarisse
Beginner
I need to count floating point operations executed in one of my c programs. Therefore I started a new Sampling Activity with the event FP_COMP_OPS_EXE.X87. Unfortunalety the number of counted FLOPS was much to few. I am currently working on an Intel Core i7 920 (2.67 GHz). My OS is Ubuntu 8.10 (Kernel Linux 2.6.27-11-generic).
Do you have any idea?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I think you might benefit from the topic FLOPS count discussed recently here in the forum.
Default options of current compilers for Core i7 use SSE2 rather than x87 instructions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting - benarisse
I need to count floating point operations executed in one of my c programs. Therefore I started a new Sampling Activity with the event FP_COMP_OPS_EXE.X87. Unfortunalety the number of counted FLOPS was much to few. I am currently working on an Intel Core i7 920 (2.67 GHz). My OS is Ubuntu 8.10 (Kernel Linux 2.6.27-11-generic).
Do you have any idea?
I think you might benefit from the topic FLOPS countdiscussed recently here in the forum.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I think you might benefit from the topic FLOPS count discussed recently here in the forum.
Default options of current compilers for Core i7 use SSE2 rather than x87 instructions.
0 Kudos
benarisse
Beginner
Quoting - tim18

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos