Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

evaluation license

Rob1
Beginner

Hi,

i'm new to inspector but had a couple questions.

No matter what i do, when i start an inspection it says "Project is out of date  Project files or build settings were modified since the last build..."  I have cleaned and rebuilt the single project that is in my soolution.  i have even started a new project from scratch and moved all my source code only to run into the same message.  This didn't happen when i ran the tutorial.  Any idea why this is happening?

Also, is the static analysis not part of the eval license?  when i try to run a static analysis, i get the message "Invalid license for static analysis.  The license is unavailable...".

thanks,

rob

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Holly_W_Intel
Employee
We have sometimes seen that warning with solutions that have been converted from Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008 to 2010. It looks like there is a failure to match linker options and target path options correctly. This is the first I have heard of it also happening with a freshly built project file. The work around we have been using in house is to change output folder from temporary folder to some other regular folder, the warning is gone and project is up-to-date. As for the license and static analysis, you have to have a license for the full Intel(r) Parallel Studio XE 2013 to use the static analysis (because it uses both the Composer and Inspector components). You should be able to get an evaluation license for that and try it out. Thanks, holly
0 Kudos
Rob1
Beginner
I have a valid license for composer, and i'm trying to evaluate inspector with an eval license. are you saying i need a separate eval license for the whole package? rob
0 Kudos