Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

haswell analysis

Hemal_P_
Beginner

Hello,

I am using Intel Vtune Amplifier on Dell Inspiron with windows 8.

When I tried to do "TSX exploration" Under the "Haswell Analysis" my laptop got crashed.

I tried three to four times and everytime it happened same.

whenever I tried to run this analysis my system got crashed.

Please help me as soon as possible .

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Hemal P.:

First, does VTune Amplifier crash with other hardware-based sampling analysis types?  For example, Advanced Hotspots or General Exploration?

Second, what is the exact processor in your system?  Can you copy and paste the name from the My Computer properties?

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

@Hernal

Did VTune cause BSOD?

0 Kudos
Hemal_P_
Beginner

It does not crash with "Advanced Hotspot Analysis",but it is showing this with "General Exploration"

"License check failed
    Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 cannot find valid license. Data cannot be displayed. 

Error 0x4000001f (No valid license) -- License file is not found. Make sure that your license file is in the correct location and readable.
Tip: Consider setting the license file location with the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable. "

this is my processor.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz 2.30 GHz

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Probably default location of license file was moved or it is inaccessible anymore.

I think that VTune engineers can provide more help on this issue.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

If you check out the specs for your processor, you will see that TSX is not included (find "TSX-NI" in the Advanced Technologies table).  While it should not "crash", it will also not work (i.e., no data will be collected for transactions).

Question: what do you mean by "crash"? Can you describe what happens, exactly?  Are we talking Windows* or Linux*?

You say it works with Advanced Hotspots, but gives a license check failure with General Exploration.  If the license check fails on GE, it should fail on Advanced Hotspots, as well.

The best thing for you to do would be to execute the command 'amplxe-feedback -create-bug-report report.zip', as 'root', and submit a new issue at Intel® Premier Support and attach the zip file to it.  Two reasons I say that: 1) it will collect your license info so that we can analyze why it thinks you don't have a license and 2) you probably don't want to share that with everyone on the forum. ;)

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>> Are we talking Windows* or Linux*?>>>

@Hemal has Windows 8

0 Kudos
Hemal_P_
Beginner

"CRASH" means my laptop shows blue screen which has written on it..."system has detected critical error" and boom!!!!

it just goes restart.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

so, it crashes with TSX exploration, but not with Advanced Hotspots or General Exploration?

what is the output of 'amplxe-cl -version'?

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Hemal P. wrote:

"CRASH" means my laptop shows blue screen which has written on it..."system has detected critical error" and boom!!!!

it just goes restart.

Please provide the needed  BugCheck code  or STOP code for further troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
Hemal_P_
Beginner

@Mr.Anderson

I am not using Linux...so please don't ask me about the command line.. 

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Hemal P. wrote:

it just goes restart.

First disable automatic restarts when you have BSOD second can you provide the system error description which is displayed in left bottom corner of the screen.

0 Kudos
Hemal_P_
Beginner

It is showing that "KMODE exception not handled" and "sepdrv3_15.sys"

0 Kudos