Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Error messages when running VTune Amplifier

Mitsuhiro_T_
Beginner

I am a first user to Vtune Amplifier and I have limited knowledge on it.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 64bit and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013.

I can see the messages on the terminal like below when I run amplxe-gui.

** (amplxe-gui:28202): CRITICAL **: os_bar_hide: assertion `OS_IS_BAR (bar)' failed

(amplxe-gui:28202): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_hide: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

** (amplxe-gui:28202): CRITICAL **: os_bar_set_parent: assertion `OS_IS_BAR (bar)' failed

When closing the program:

(amplxe-gui:28202): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

(amplxe-gui:28202): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

What would be the cause for these messages?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Probably there were some Gtk libs missed, or version was mismatched in your system.

It will not interfere to collect data and do post-analysis, I think.

0 Kudos
Mitsuhiro_T_
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. Then I will try adjust or reinstall gtk library.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>** (amplxe-gui:28202): CRITICAL **: os_bar_hide: assertion `OS_IS_BAR (bar)' failed >> >>(amplxe-gui:28202): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_hide: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed >> >>** (amplxe-gui:28202): CRITICAL **: os_bar_set_parent: assertion `OS_IS_BAR (bar)' failed >> >>When closing the program: >> >>(amplxe-gui:28202): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent. >> >>(amplxe-gui:28202): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent. >> >>(amplxe-gui:28202): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent. >>... >>What would be the cause for these messages? Some internal verifications of GTK library ( I think built in Debug Configuration ) failed and you need to look at source codes of the library. Take into account the VTune is Not responsible for these errors and it simply "passes" these errors to a console.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

As it was already said those problems are not related to VTune functionality  itself.Probably in some cases asserts thrown by GTK lib.

0 Kudos
Yi_H_
Beginner

My CPU is AMD and OS is Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit. I have met the same problem. Have you solved the peoblem yet?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Original issue was due to GTK* library installation, but VTune command line (amplxe-cl) still can work...

Please try current product VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2015 which supports Ubuntu* 14.04, and check supported processors for PMU event-based sampling collections, but user-mode sampling still can be used, they are "basic hotspots", "concurrency", and "locksandwaits". 

0 Kudos